b. 6 September 1865, d. 31 March 1889
Birth, Death, Marriage
|Bridget Phillips was born on 6 September 1865 in Meredith, Victoria; registered by James 24 October at Morrison's diggings.1 |
|She died on 31 March 1889 in Nhill Hospital, Nhill, Victoria, at age 23; cause of death typhoid.2,3 |
|Bridget's birth was registered at Morrison's diggings. She moved with her mother and brother John to Nhill where she worked as a domestic servant. Bridget died of typhoid in Nhill hospital at the age of 23.4,1|
|Bridget, John and Bridget|
When James died, he left his wife Bridget to care for their three year old son John and one year old daughter Bridget. We know nothing of the children's childhood, but by the time John started working for the railways, the three lived together in Nhill. The young Bridget worked as a domestic servant and died in Nhill of typhoid aged 23. Around 1897, John moved with his mother and his young family to live in Turner St, Bacchus Marsh. Bridget (senior) died six years later, on Christmas Day 1903.5,3,6
- [S29] Bridget Phillips, birth registration no. 23864, 6 September 1865.
- [S145] Federation Index Victoria 1889-1901: Indexes to births deaths and marriages in Victoria, CD-ROM, Macbeth Genealogical Services, 1997, death registration no. 9001.
- [S355] Bridget Phillips, death registration no. 9001, 31 March 1889.
- [S270] Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, registry and index.
- [S44] Roylyn Phillips, personal communication, 13 March 1996.
- [S34] James Phillips, death registration, 16 September 1866.