b. 7 November 1904, d. 22 July 1966
Birth, Death, Marriage
|Ruby Irene Williams was born on 7 November 1904 in Shepparton, Victoria.1|
|She married John Marion Phillips, son of John Phillips and Ellen O'Loughlin, in 1932.2|
|She died on 22 July 1966 in Strathmore, Victoria, at age 61.1|
|John Marion Phillips b. 2 Feb 1900, d. 21 Sep 1979|
|Charts||O'Loughlin, Michael, descendant chart|
Phillips, James, descendant chart
|The Great Bacchus Marsh House Swap|
About 1928, a couple of years after John's death, Ellen bought a house at 43 Lerderderg St. This house was a couple of doors from St Bernard's church.
After Bill Vallence died (1932) in Caulfield, Mary moved back to Bacchus Marsh and bought the house at 16 Millbank St. Ellen moved in with Mary, and Ellen's son Jack and his family (Ruby, Joy and Roylyn) rented Ellen's Lerderderg St house.
As Ellen got older and less mobile, Jack bought the Millbank St house from Mary and moved in, with Mary and Ellen moving back to the Lerderderg St house. This was easier for Ellen to get to St Bernard's church.
Ellen's grandchildren kept visiting and have told many happy stories of visits to see Grandma, Mary and the last to marry, Eileen, at both the Millbank St and Lerderderg St houses.
Ellen died while she was at the Lerderderg St house, and Mary was the last of the Phillips family to live in this house.3,4,5
- [S45] Joy Prouse, personal communication, 12 July 1996.
- [S251] Marriage Index Victoria 1921-1942, CD-ROM, Macbeth Genealogical Services, 2003, 'Jno Marion Phillips' and 'Ruby Irene Williams' entry, marriage registration no. 4068, 1932.
- [S37] Margaret Deveney, personal communication, 11 March 1996.
- [S44] Roylyn Phillips, personal communication, 12 July 1996.
- [S15] Irene Barnes, personal communication, 5 October 1996.